Electric kettles have long been part of the everyday life of housewives, largely due to ease of use, efficiency and economy. Today on sale you can find a large number of similar devices that, in addition to their direct function of heating water, can also perform additional tasks, for example, maintain the desired temperature. There are models that can be controlled using a special application on a smartphone, there are products equipped with a teapot, and so on.
Key criteria for choosing an electric kettle
At first glance, it may seem that choosing such a unit for yourself is very simple, since even a cheap product can cope with the function of boiling water. However, for maximum usability, a number of factors must be taken into account:
- The volume of the flask for water — a small kettle will be quite enough for a lonely person, where about 0.7-0.8 liters of water will fit. For a family of three to four people, one and a half liter products are enough; for large families, there are kettles with a capacity of two liters or more. In addition, on the windows of home appliances stores you can find portable devices designed for literally one cup of tea;
- The power of the product is responsible for the speed of boiling water. The more powerful the kettle, the faster it will boil water. But in this case, it is important to take into account the condition of the electrical wiring, since a unit that consumes two or more kilowatts of energy will create a serious load on it;
- A variation of the heating element — kettles with an open heating coil will cost much less, but scale will begin to form in them very quickly. A disc heating element is more practical, but a product equipped with it will cost much more;
- The material from which the device is made plays a very important role. The most affordable are plastic teapots, besides, their choice is the largest. When buying a plastic product, you should carefully check the quality of the plastic, otherwise the water will have a foreign smell and taste. Stainless steel kettles look luxurious but are more dangerous to use as their walls heat up when water is boiled. Glass structures are considered universal, but they are fragile. Ceramic teapots keep the temperature of the water best;
- The appearance of the design plays an important role, it is important to choose such a model so that it fits well into the interior of the kitchen. In addition, today there are products that have different backlighting, which gives the teapot additional attractiveness;
- The presence of various functions — without exception, all electric kettles are equipped with an automatic shutdown system when water boils. If the product has a thermostat, then it will maintain the selected temperature, which is very convenient — you do not have to constantly turn on the kettle and boil water.
When compiling our rating of the best electric kettles, in addition to these factors, we took into account customer and specialist reviews, value for money. We hope that after reading it, you will be able to choose the most suitable product for yourself, which will serve faithfully for many years.
Ten best models of electric kettles
10. Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus
This model is quite simple and very easy to use. It looks very stylish due to the plastic case, painted in black, due to which such a product will fit perfectly into the interior of the kitchen. The kettle has a good capacity — 1.5 liters. It is made of quality materials, there are indicator lights and a wireless connection, this allows you to rotate the kettle on the stand.
The lid is removable and easy to clean. The heating element is closed, made of stainless steel, which minimizes the formation of scale. The kettle also has a filter element that prevents all sorts of contaminants contained in tap water from entering the cup. If necessary, it can be removed and washed.
- Attractive appearance;
- Simple device;
- High degree of reliability;
- Practical and roomy.
- Short power cord;
- There is no indicator of operation and water level.
Tefal KO 150F Delfini Plus
9. Bosch TWK 3A011
It is made of high-quality plastic, during operation there are no extraneous smells and tastes of water. The design of the case is stylish and concise, which allows it to organically fit into the interior of the kitchen. Using this kettle is convenient due to the presence of an ergonomic handle. The product has a wide spout and a convenient water level indicator. It is equipped with several security systems: the lid has a strong lock that prevents it from opening spontaneously.
The power turns off automatically when boiling, and it also turns off when there is no water in it. The lid is removed completely, the heating element is built-in, disc type, made of high quality stainless steel. This facilitates descaling, besides, the scale itself practically does not accumulate in the kettle.
- Decent volume — 1.7 liters;
- Brings water to a boil quickly
- During operation, it practically does not make noise;
- Strict and very beautiful design;
- Operational safety;
- Removable cover;
- Quite reasonable cost.
- The function of maintaining the temperature is not provided, the water in the kettle cools very quickly;
- The filter is non-removable, unlike the cover, which makes it difficult to clean.
Bosch TWK 3A011
8. Polaris PWK 1702CGL
The device is produced using the latest WaterWay Pro technology, with which you can pour water into the kettle without opening the lid. It is equipped with a special valve that opens automatically under water pressure. After the end of the bay, it closes with a special spring built into the loop. The body of the product is made on the basis of special glass, which is resistant to high temperatures and is of excellent quality. The upper part of the structure is made of stainless steel with a special coating. Such a solution makes the device strong and durable, while also providing a uniform style in design. The spout is short and narrow, thanks to it there is a feeling of compactness of the teapot and the severity of its appearance. The lid of this kettle can be removed if necessary. It is also made in stainless steel.
There are plastic latches that fix it in the neck of the kettle. The fill valve plate is located in the center of the lid and is attached with a spring-loaded loop. Inside the kettle is a removable mesh filter that protects well from scale. The power of the heating element is 2200 W, so the water boils quite quickly — you only have to wait two to three minutes. The tank is designed for a maximum of 1.7 liters of water. The heating element is hidden, which has a positive effect on the attractiveness of the device. The kettle has an automatic shut-off system, and the stand allows you to rotate it around its axis. The manufacturer has provided a long warranty period — 3 years.
- Looks very nice;
- Original lid with valve for filling water;
- The case is made of tempered glass, which withstands thermal loads well;
- It can rotate on a stand around its axis.
- Paint on metal scratches quickly.
Polaris PWK 1702CGL
7. Bosch TWK 8613P
This model is equipped with a temperature control system, thanks to which you can set the automation so that it warms up to 70, 80, 90 or 100 degrees. The kettle is manufactured using Keep Warm Edition technology, so the set temperature will be maintained for the next half hour — a similar possibility is usually characteristic of other equipment such as thermo pots. The base part of the structure is equipped with a 360 degree rotation mechanism. This makes it easier to maintain the product and increase the availability of its operation.
The handle has a special anti-slip coating. The design is equipped with a convenient filter that will protect the heating element from scale. The latter is made from food grade stainless steel. As the filter wears out, it must be replaced. The kettle beeps when turned on and off. The device has several protection systems — it automatically turns off when it boils, when it overheats, and also when there is no water in it and when it is removed from the stand. A maximum of one and a half liters of water can be poured into it.
- Stylish and attractive appearance;
- There is a filter that prevents the occurrence of scale;
- The set temperature is maintained for half an hour;
- The handle has an anti-slip coating;
- There is a sound signal when turning on and off;
- Several levels of protection are provided.
- The volume of the kettle is only one and a half liters;
- Not very energy efficient.
Bosch TWK 8613P
Equipped with a two-layer flask, which is made of plastic on the outside and food grade stainless steel on the inside, with an air gap between them. By and large, the device combines the functions of a kettle and a thermos. Its functionality is quite modest, but it maintains a comfortable water temperature for a long time without the use of electricity. It has a water indicator.
The kettle is inexpensive, produced in various colors, quite powerful — 2 kW, has all the main security systems, for example, it automatically turns off when boiling or does not turn on when there is no water in it.
- The inner surface is a cast metal bowl;
- Concealed type heater;
- Quality assembly;
- Wide neck;
- During operation, it practically does not emit extraneous sounds;
- There are no foreign odors.
- No sieve filter is provided;
- The plastic case may have burrs;
- The holes in the bowl are located under the spout, because of which moisture can get into them.
5. Xiaomi Mi Electric Kettle (EU version)
It has an interesting and very attractive appearance, the design is futuristic, the style of the manufacturer is well recognized in it. The body is made of plastic, there are several stainless steel inserts. The volume of the kettle is one and a half liters, the heating element is quite powerful — equivalent to 1800 W, so the water will boil in a matter of minutes. The heating element is made of high quality stainless steel.
The device is equipped with double walls, the outer layer will practically not heat up. The product for additional security of use has a lid lock function, an automatic shutdown system, the device cannot be turned on if there is no hearth in it. The kettle rotates on a stand, it is equipped with a 0.75 m power cable, and there is a special compartment for storing it.
- Original design;
- Sufficiently powerful device;
- The heating element is of a hidden type, so a layer of scale will not appear on it;
- Double walls almost do not heat up during operation of the equipment;
- In the on state, you will not be able to open the lid;
- A long power cable can be stored in the compartment.
- Periodically, the switch may snap off 10-15 seconds after switching on.
Xiaomi Mi Electric Kettle
4. Clatronic WK 3501 G
This model rightfully occupies the third position among the best electric kettles. It features a durable tempered glass body with beautiful metal inserts. The heating element is hidden, the device takes up a minimum amount of free space, it is convenient for use both at home and in the office. Water heats up quickly, power is 2 kW. When boiling, it makes a minimal amount of noise, turns off automatically.
The top cover is removable, which makes it easier to clean the kettle from scale, opens by pressing a button located directly on it. The kettle holds up to 1.7 liters of water — enough for a family of about 4 people.
- Practical enough;
- Good capacity;
- High build quality;
- Easy to use and clean.
- Not in all models, the heating element is reliable, sometimes it fails;
- The backlight breaks frequently.
Kettle Clatronic WK 3501 G
3. Scarlett SC-EK27G98
This teapot has a flask for water made of tempered glass, additionally decorated with plastic inserts. It also has an LED backlight, which makes the device even more attractive. The maximum capacity of the kettle is 1.7 liters with a power of 2.2 kW.
The device has an enhanced security system. The heating element is automatically blocked from starting if there is no water in the kettle, the lid is also blocked during boiling. The kettle is equipped with a metal filter that is able to trap any large contaminants contained in the water. The mass of the device is only 1.1 kg, a niche is provided for storing the power cable.
- Very beautiful appearance, additionally equipped with LED backlight;
- High-quality assembly, no backlash and extraneous squeaks;
- When it boils, it beeps.
- The glass flask heats up in the process of boiling water, you need to be very careful, otherwise you can get badly burned;
- Sometimes the lid does not fit snugly on the flask, resulting in a large amount of steam escaping.
2. Polaris PWK 1731CC
One of the leaders in the ranking of the top 10 best electric kettles was this model, largely due to the presence of a ceramic flask for filling water. The lid fits as tightly as possible due to the presence of a rubber insert. This material has no odors, in addition, the water will cool much longer. The legs of the kettle are made of silicone, which reduces the amount of noise emitted.
The case is made in one piece, there is no indicator for the water level on the outside, it is on the inside. There is also no anti-calc filter; instead, a ceramic mesh is inserted into the spout, which retains dirt and scale much better than metal. The spout itself is quite wide, does not splash water. The maximum volume of water is 1.7 liters. Despite the fact that the power of the device is only 1.8 kW, it boils as quickly as possible.
- Beautiful appearance;
- Excellent value for money;
- High performance;
- No water level indicator;
- A significant mass due to the fact that it is made of ceramics.
Polaris PWK 1731CC
1. MR6070G Morphy Richards Electric kettle with Harmony temperature selection
The Morphy Richards Harmony temperature selectable electric kettle is equipped with a temperature control and maintenance function. There are four temperature levels: 45°C, 55°C, 85°C and 100°C, after which the kettle will keep it in automatic mode for 30 minutes. All control is carried out using a digital display integrated into the handle of the kettle. It also displays all relevant water information in real time. An ultra-sensitive British STRIX thermostat controls the heating and boiling processes, and a four-level automatic protection turns off the device in case of overheating, dry boiling or other emergency situations.
The kettle is made of high-quality and durable materials that are easy to clean, do not absorb odors and are optimally suited for working with water and other liquids. The outer casing is made of ABS plastic, while the entire interior is made of SU304 stainless steel. This type of steel prevents the formation of scale, and the filter in the spout of the kettle will not let any of its particles into your glass. The body of the kettle is equipped with a two-layer thermal insulation system: it does not heat up and it is impossible to get burned on it.
- Quality materials;
- British thermostat STRIX;
- Digital display;
- 4 temperature levels;
- Automatic temperature maintenance — 30 min;
- Volume — 1.5 l;
- Automatic protection.
- Interface using Chinese characters
MR6070G Morphy Richards Electric kettle with temperature selection Harmony
In conclusion, a video on choosing a good electric kettle
We have tried to provide the most complete overview of the most popular models of electric kettles in 2022. We hope that after carefully studying the rating, it will be much easier for you to choose such a device for your home. If you have any feedback, wishes or comments regarding the content of our rating, you can express them in the comments to this article.