In the past few years, portable electronics has developed at a very fast pace. If only ten years ago smartphones were new, today it is unlikely that anyone will be able to surprise with wireless headphones, fitness bracelets and a whole range of other portable devices that you can take with you every day. The leading places in this area are occupied by the so-called smart watches. They have advanced functionality, beautiful appearance. Such devices can be used offline or by synchronizing with other mobile gadgets.
What criteria to consider when choosing a smart watch?
Today, there are a huge number of models of these products on sale, it is quite easy to get lost in this variety. It is advisable to take into account a number of points so that the device is not only beautiful, but also a useful addition to a mobile phone:
- Appearance — almost all smart watches are made in the form of classic wristwatches, there are models made in a sporty style. They are usually determined by a fairly massive case and a wide bracelet, besides, it is additionally protected from moisture and dust penetration, the straps are made of rubber or silicone, there are also metal ones;
- The dial can be either traditional or more modern. When choosing a smart watch, you should not purchase a product with a too large dial. They will need to be worn on the wrist, so the excessive size of the case will only interfere with daily use;
- A variety of display — black and white, made using e-papier technology, and full color, produced on the basis of LCD. The latter have gained great popularity, as they are distinguished by excellent realism and high detail, however, watches with such a display have a battery that runs out quickly;
- The presence of voice control — manufacturers strive to ensure maximum ease of use of gadgets due to the presence of icon pictures and simple voice control;
- Battery life — classic designs are able to hold a charge of about two to three days, but there are models on sale that work up to 10 days;
- The presence of a variety of functions — a pedometer, applications, a gyroscope, a calendar, virtual notifications, in particular, from social networks, a Wi-Fi module, a video camera, and so on.
In our ranking of the best smartwatches, you will find fairly budget models that are distinguished by a long service life and excellent value for money. We tried to collect in our top 9 only the best models that will look great on the hand.
The best smart watch models
9. Amazfit Bip watch
They were introduced to users not too long ago, they are quite affordable, and in terms of their functionality and attractive appearance they are something between classic watches and fitness bracelets. The device is equipped with a 1.28-inch full-color display with a resolution of 320×320 pixels. If necessary, you can synchronize with other gadgets via Bluetooth. The watch has small overall dimensions of 51.3x25x6 mm with a weight of only 32 grams, which ensures convenience in daily use of the product.
The watch looks quite classic, the display has a protective coating Gorilla Glass 3, which reliably protects the device from any physical damage. The touch screen, despite its small size, is very convenient to work with, the design is equipped with only one mechanical key used to turn it on or unlock it. The silicone strap is quite soft, has many holes, due to which the watch can be adjusted to almost any hand.
- Quite acceptable cost;
- Reliable battery that holds a charge for about 20 days;
- Beautiful appearance.
- The strap rubs the wrist, although it is quite soft;
- The mechanical button is not very reliable, it can fall out.
Smart watch Amazfit Bip
8. Samsung Gear S3 Frontier watch
This model differs in expanded functionality and even more expressive appearance. The display is a 1.3-inch full-color touchscreen, made using Always On Display technology, the device is equipped with an Exynos 7270 processor with a clock speed of 1 GHz. The RAM is 768 MB, its own memory is 4 GB, there are built-in modules for wireless communication and Internet access — Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPS, Glonass. The weight of the product is only 63 grams. The diameter of the device is quite large even for a classic watch. The watch has an external corrugated ring, with which you can turn the pages of the menu.
Although the look is more sporty, the watch is perfect for business attire. The case is made of high-quality steel with a matte finish, only the back cover is made of glass, equipped with a significant number of sensors. On the right side of the case there are two function keys, on the left side there are three holes for the intercom speaker. The watch works great as a headset. The assembly is very reliable, dust and moisture do not get under the case.
- The screen is quite bright and durable;
- The watch looks like a very expensive model;
- Perfectly protected from dust and water;
- Easily communicates with any Bluetooth enabled device.
- The strap rubs;
- When the watch is under water, spontaneous pressing is not excluded;
- Vibration is weak;
- The battery drains quickly.
Smart watch Samsung Gear S3 Frontier
7. Samsung Gear Sport watch
They are made on the basis of a stainless steel case, are reliably protected from dust, withstand immersion in water to a depth of one and a half meters. The screen is slightly recessed into the case, which allows it to better withstand significant loads. It has a Gorilla Glass protective coating. On the side there are two function buttons, between which there is a microphone. It is worth noting that such a device is not intended for voice communication, that is, it will not be possible to use it as a headset, and the microphone is used to issue commands to the watch itself.
The back of the case is plastic, in its central part there is an optical sensor that controls the rhythm of the heartbeat. Another sensor is installed here — atmospheric pressure. All of them work correctly underwater. The kit comes with standard silicone straps, you can additionally purchase leather products. The screen diameter is 1.2 inches with a resolution of 360×360 pixels. The battery is fully discharged within 72 hours of operation. In addition, the kit comes with a wireless charger, which is a stand with a magnet and an LED indicator of operation. The watch is fully charged within two hours.
- Very convenient overall dimensions, the device does not rub a hand;
- High quality materials and assembly;
- Bright screen;
- If necessary, you can use straps from other manufacturers.
- High price;
- The workout mode doesn’t always work;
- A small number of useful applications.
Samsung Gear Sport Watch
6. Huawei Watch GT
The device has a great design, stylized as a classic expensive watch. The case is made of stainless steel, the display is protected from damage by sapphire glass, which helps protect the product from cracks and scratches. It is covered with oleophobic materials, due to which the finger glides over the surface with ease, leaving no fingerprints. The thickness of the product is 11 mm with a diameter of 42 mm.
The touch screen, made using modern AMOLED technology, has a resolution of 400×400 pixels with a diagonal of 1.4 inches. In the settings there is an automatic brightness control that will adjust to the ambient light. There is only one function key on the case. Quad-core processor with a frequency of 1.2 GHz, there is 512 MB of RAM and 4 GB of internal memory. The interface is very fast, does not freeze during operation.
- The ability to use straps from any manufacturer;
- Sapphire protective glass;
- Good operation of the operating system.
- High price;
- Significant mass;
- There is no built-in microphone.
Huawei Watch GT
5. Apple Watch 3 Sport 42mm
To date, on sale you can find about 38 design options for this model. The product is made on the basis of an aluminum case, the touch display is covered with ordinary glass, which is very easy to scratch. The battery is reliable, lithium-ion, its capacity is 246 mAh, which provides a fairly long battery life. The screen diagonal is one and a half inches with a resolution of 390×312 pixels. There is no automatic brightness control, but there is an anti-glare coating, all information can be obtained even in bright sunlight.
Its memory is 8 GB, RAM 512 MB, there are all the necessary modules for wireless connections, unfortunately, data transfer via Bluetooth is slow. The device has a full set of all the necessary sensors — heart rate, steps and so on. On the left side of the case is a microphone and a speaker. Charging is wireless, the battery is fully charged in one and a half to two hours.
- Pretty comfortable;
- An excellent addition to the iPhone brand smartphone;
- Beautiful design.
- Compatible only with iPhone, it will not work with other gadgets;
- High price;
- Significant weight, because of which the hand will quickly get tired.
Apple Watch 3 Sport 42 mm
4. Smart Watch GT08
This is one of the best smartwatches presented in our review. They can be used both in conjunction with a smartphone and offline. The unit has 4 GB of internal memory and a handy camera that allows you to take photos and videos. The front side of the watch is protected from damage by Gorilla Glass. There is only one button on the case, which is responsible for turning on and locking the screen, otherwise the control is touch-sensitive. The speed of the sensor is excellent, it flips through the pages of the menu very quickly. On the left side there is a plug, behind it there is a connector for connecting a charger, and a microphone hole is also located here.
The rechargeable battery is designed for three days of continuous operation. Under it there are slots for connecting a SIM card, a memory card — the documentation claims support for 32 GB, but user reviews say that the product also works with 64 GB cards. The watch sits quite tightly on the wrist. The strap is made of reliable rubber, you can install straps from other companies.
- Wide functionality;
- Beautiful appearance;
- Good strength;
- Can be used as a full phone;
- Acceptable price.
- The battery is weak;
- No moisture protection provided.
Smart watch Smart Watch GT08
3. LG Urbane 2 watch
They work on the basis of a quad-core processor with a frequency of 1.2 GHz, the Android Wear operating system, and are perfectly synchronized with any devices running on this platform. The display of the product is touch-sensitive, its diagonal is 44.5 mm. There are a number of wireless modules — Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and others. There is a convenient notification system that includes sound signals and vibration. The design provides a speaker, a microphone and a slot for a SIM card and a memory card, so this design can be used as a full-fledged phone. The battery capacity is 570 mAh, which allows the device to work without recharging for two to three days.
The case is made of stainless steel, there is protection against water and shock, the display is reliably protected from scratches and other damage due to a special Gorilla Glass coating. The watch looks like a classic mechanic, on the right side there are three function buttons that provide comfortable control of this device.
- Large selection of different applications;
- Outwardly they look like a classic watch;
- Perfectly protected from dust and water;
- Wide functionality.
- Dead pixels appear over time;
- The case is easily soiled, prone to scratches on the back.
Watch LG Urbane 2
2. Garmin Vivoactive HR watch
They differ in a rather original appearance, which is not even close to the standard watch design. This design is perfect for people leading an active lifestyle — it can be used to track the number of steps taken, heart rate, sleep duration. Notifications about received e-mails, SMS messages will be displayed on the screen, there is an application that shows the weather forecast. The smartphone provides remote control of the music player on the smartphone.
The display is touch-sensitive, has a protective oleophobic coating, the watch can be controlled both using the buttons located directly below the screen, and due to the sensor. However, the display becomes completely insensitive to touch when wet. Synchronization takes a few seconds, can be easily used with various gadgets running on the Android platform. The battery is quite reliable, can work for about 8 days without recharging.
- No difficulties during pairing with the phone;
- Look very stylish and sporty;
- There are a large number of different useful applications;
- The battery holds a charge for a long time.
- After a while, it starts updating too often;
- Some models are not as well protected from water as we would like.
Garmin Vivoactive HR watch
1. Watch Meizu Mix
This model is one of the best in our top 10 smartwatches, even though the brand of this Chinese manufacturer is not yet widely known to most buyers. The device has excellent functionality. In particular, it will be easily compatible with mobile platforms such as Android 5 and older and iOS from version 9. The body of the product is able to withstand immersion to a depth of 30 meters. The battery is removable, replaceable, very reliable, its capacity is 270 mAh. The product has a vibration element, a gyroscope, an electromagnetic sensor.
The front side is covered with sapphire crystal, which perfectly protects the product from scratches, the strap can be made of genuine leather or metal. The maximum watch weight is 140 grams (if the strap is metal) or 62 grams with a leather strap.
- Ideally combined with almost all smartphones on the market;
- Does not break down when it gets into the water;
- It has a wide variety of functions;
- Attractive price.
- Not detected.
Watch Meizu Mix
In conclusion, an interesting video
As you can see, choosing and buying a smart watch is quite difficult, especially if you approach this issue thoughtfully. We really hope that after reading our rating, you have an opinion on which device will be preferable to you. You can share your point of view about the review itself and the models presented in it in the comments to this article.